Washing Your Cleaning Rags
How do you clean a cleaning rag?
Yes, there are wrong and right ways to clean your wiping rags and A&A Wiping Cloth is here to give you the dirt.
There are different washing methods for washing both cotton wiping rags and microfiber. A massive amount of grime and bacteria ends up stuck to your wiping rag when they are used for cleaning.
We want to give you some steps to wash them!
Cotton Wiping Cloths
- We don’t recommend washing with other garments but understand it might be what you chose to do. If you must, we suggest sanitizing your dirty rags first so they don't contaminate your laundry. This can be done by adding your rags to boiling water and letting them soak for 15 minutes. This process should kill harmful mold, mildew, bacteria and germs that are hiding in dirty rags.
- Every 3 to 4 times you wash cotton cleaning rags you can bleach them to fully sanitize them.
- Now they are ready for the washing machine. We suggest washing with hot water and detergent. Cut out the fabric softener because it leaves residue that negatively affects your wiping rags.
- When it comes to drying you can use a hot or high setting. Make sure to leave out the dryer sheets.
Microfiber Wiping Cloths
- First step when it comes to cleaning microfiber is to rinse your dirty rags in the sink to get rid of debris and dirt.
- Good rule of thumb is to wash microfiber with only other microfiber material. This avoids lint and fibers clinging to your microfiber rags from other items in the wash. We suggest washing in a cold setting as high heat can be damaging to microfiber. Don’t use bleach or fabric softener as they can ruin microfiber. A gentle scent dye free laundry detergent works best.
- Dry in the dryer on low to medium. Drying the microfiber in the dryer will kill any germs that might remain after washing them.
Treated properly, and cared for, your wiping cloths, rags and microfibers can be used numerous times before they have given all that they can give. Don’t toss them out after one use…extend their lives by giving them a wash and dry!